Saturday, December 3, 2011

Masque mania~~(reviews)


Omg face masques. I love them. NO, scratch that. I LURVE them! 


I honestly used to really dislike facial masques because I was always under the impression that you aren't TRULY getting your face cleaned unless there's scrubbing involved...and since facial masques simply sit on your skin, I'd continuously pass them up.








(Had to experiment with the 'under the cut' thingy)
However, after reading so many appetizing reviews about them, I couldn't help but try them! One led to another and another and I've already tried quite a few.




They're nice to do while soaking in a bathtub or foot spa or while sipping on your cafe latte or strawberry mojito. (Cliche and posh, I know. But still.)


The first two masques that I tried came in a four piece mini cleansing set called Sweet Tea Time by the Taiwanese brand 'My beauty diary'.  They make the most popular face masques in Taiwan. 




I first heard about them through the Muse's blog. With her review alongside of the super cute packaging and 'sweets' theme, I couldn't bear passing them up! :3


The two masques that came along with the set were the Chocolate Truffle Sheet masque and the Earl Grey Tea and Macaron Sheet Mask. The Chocolate Truffle Sheet masque was meant to soften and moisturize the face while the earl grey masque focused on Illuminating and clarifying the face. Both of them were meant to use after cleansing your face and were to be used for only 20 minutes. Then the masque is taken off and thrown away, and whatever residue is left behind can be rubbed into your skin for an extra affect. Of course I soaked my feet in a foot spa and sipped on Vanilla Cream tea during both treatments. 



The chocolate truffle masque had an AMAZINGLY deliciously bold chocolate smell, probably my most favorite thing about it!!  I seriously could've eaten that thing, no doubt. Anyhoo, the texture was clear and  kinda ooey gooey...similar to paper mache or liquid sugar but not as sticky. The masque pretty much covered my entire face, with little holes for my nose, eyes and lips to stick out of...and in turn also made me look like I was going to rob a bank. The earl tea masque had the same texture and feel although it had a much lighter scent, but it was still quite tasty and enjoyable.


I loved both of these masques but I'd say my favorite was probably the earl grey tea. It seemed to make my skin much more smooth and even-toned, as well as even giving it a glow!

I purchased my set on ebay for $15 but beware...there are a lot of fake my beauty diary products since they are such a popular brand. Some legit MBD sellers that I know of are yesstyle.com and sasa.com if anyone's interested! 

After that, I was pretty much hooked! The next one I tried was a Strawberry Yogurt masque from Forever 21 for only a dollar! This masque was by Skinlite, which I believe is a Korean Brand.





Unlike the MBD ones, this masque is a wash-off masque, which means it's basically spread across your face with your fingers. It's made with yogurt and strawberry extract meant to add skin radiance, skin softening, protect the skin's moisture barrier and tone the skin. It's to be applied to a clean, dry face and then rinsed off with warm water after 5-10 minutes.


Now when I say this masque made my skin soft...I mean SOFT. Like baby soft. And on top of that, the texture is pretty much exactly like yogurt and the scent.....*melts*.  It was like a strawberry souffle! The affect of it lasted for quite a while too..I was quite impressed seeing that it was only a dollar. :p Besides Forever 21 I've also seen it on sasa.com for purchase. <3



And finally, most recently I've tried two Que Bella Bath and Beauty masques from Target. These were a little over $2 each I believe, and the brand is from the UK.






The self-heating masque was interesting, to say the least! This was a wash-off masque made with ginger root extract and natural clay to "draw out impurities and leave radiant skin". The texture of it is a bit thick and seemingly oily, and it heats up as SOON as it touches your skin. The sensation felt soooo good and relaxing...like having a hot towel over your face!  Ahhh.
After about 15 minutes it is to be washed off. I must say that this masque seemed to wash off much easier than the Strawberry one, but then it was also applied to a damp face instead of a dry one.


As for the cucumber one, this one was probably my most favorite out of the two. Aw man I loved it!
  It was made with cucumber and witch hazel extracts which aid in removing dead skin cells. The texture of it is kinda like glue...like the clear blue kind that many of us may have used in elementary school! And the smell...ahhhhh, so soothing! I've always liked the scent of cucumber actually. ^_^ This masque can stay on your skin for up to 20 minutes or until your face feels toned and tightened. I left mine on for that amount of time, and oh em gee....it tightened my face so much that I felt like I couldn't smile! After peeling it off I noticed a BIG difference in my skin...it was bright, glowy and VERY smooth. For only 2 bucks I wouldn't mind picking up 3 or 4 more packs. 




So far I've only seen Que Bella products at Target but I'm pretty sure there might be more on their website at quebellabeauty.com


Ah yes, facial masques have definately become a favorite cosmetic item of mine. The affordable price, relaxing feel, great results and array of options...how could I possibly say no?:3


I'll be doing more reviews of masques as I try them, so check back! じゃーね!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments!