Saturday, January 7, 2012

EBAY EYELASH REVIEW! ♡~♡~♡




Yaaaaaaay my eyelashes came in the mail the other day!! I only paid two freakin’ dollars for these mofos! NO shipping!:


I got fawking ten pairs for only two bucks!!! Definitely not an offer to pass seeing that I usually pay almost $5 for one pair here.  I’ve read mixed reviews about them but I decided to go on and try them for myself…for only two bucks I won’t really be loosing anything!

These lashes are very long, thick, black and dramatic!!! Pretty much exactly what drew me to them. ^_^ They are held in place on the tray with threads on the ends that of course I ended up clipping before wearing them. I also had to work that day, so I wore my full make to work with absolutely NO shame, of course!

(hate this angle of my face! >.<)
Eyes: Maybelline New York Line Express Eyeliner in "Ebony Black" with white shadow in corners
Lips:  MAC lipglass in "Pink Poodle" 
Face: 
Fashion Fair Cream foundation + concealer in "Pure Brown"



^^Trying on stuff before work...herpderp maaaan I wanted that hat so much but I had no moneyz 






☆彡★彡HAPPY FACE☆彡★彡 

  • Dramatic, doll like appearance -  These lashes seemed to make my eyes look so much more animated and dolly-ish compare to other types of lashes! I think that since my eyes are big and the shape of them is pretty rounded that bolder lashes kind of brings them out more. Then once that's combined with make-up and lenses it looks very lively. Even my mom said that they looked very doll-like on me, which I loved! 
  • Awesome price - Omg TWO freakin'dollars and NO shipping cost at all?! Nothing at all can top that! I think it's a lot better than paying almost $5 for one pair, or even worse $20 for only two pairs or up to five pairs (such as brands like Dolly Wink, Diamond Lash, Eyemazing, etc.) I figured if they didn't work for me at least I'd be out of only $2 instead of a little over $20!
  • Not bad shipping time -  Usually when I order things from Hong Kong it seems like it takes forEVAR for whatever item I ordered to arrive, but these seemed to come a lot sooner than I thought they would, which was simply excellent! I do a lot of online shopping but I hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail...and I'm way too much of a cheapie to pay the extra shipping costs.   
  • Long-wearing - When researching these I read like a ton of reviews about how thick the lash band was, which made it more difficult to get them to basically 'stay put' on the lash line, but I actually didn't have that problem! Though the lash band is quite quite thick (thicker than what I am used to actually) they stayed put on my eyes completely for the entire day, which was to my surprise. I think the trick is to bend it a little so that it becomes more flexible, and also to use a really good lash glue and pay the most attention to the ends of the lashes, since those are usually the first to come up. ^_~


☆彡★彡SAD FACE☆彡★彡
  • Not very natural looking -  Warning, warning, warning!! If you're looking for natural, every day lashes that aren't very noticeable then these are NOT the lashes for you. These things are VERY bold and VERY long and dramatic!!! :p Also the black color is very rich, so it'll be apparent that you're wearing falsies. Many other reviewers have even said they look similar to "drag queen" lashes though they didn't really have that effect on me...but I certainly can see how some would say such a thing! Also these lashes are not human hair I believe, so the hair is not as soft and natural looking as human hair lashes, and it actually is a bit stiff and shiny...which I kinda didn't care for too much. >.< In most cases  falsies are always going to look false but I personally don't like them to be too shiny or hard....but then even I admit that you do get what you pay for. 
  • Heavy on eyelid - Erm...they were kinda like eyelid visors, honestly. =/ When wearing these it felt as if something was weighing my eyes down, which made my eyes feel a little tired after a while. Also because of the length it seemed as if they blocked out a looooot of light from my eyes, hence the 'visor' metaphor. This got a little better after I decided to curl them upwards a bit (since they kinda just stuck straight out at first lol) however the heaviness was still there...and a bit off-putting at times.


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


MY RATING (OUT OF 5 HEARTS):
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
♥ 

5 hearts

Ohhh I looved these! I don't care how unnatural or heavy they are! Haha the effect they gave me made up for those two things. I guess cosmetic items are always going to look different on different people, and thankfully these lashes came in a bunch of other styles that might be a lot less bold or heavy. When it comes to lashes, the eye make-up and how they are applied and styled makes a huge difference! 
Even with those two flaws I'd still recommend these to anyone curious about trying them...I even saw some bottom lashes for the same price that I will be ordering sometime this week. ^_~


More shots of the lashes:









That’s it for now, my darlings! Toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments!