Friday, February 24, 2012

Anime Milwaukee + Dollface nago-sa Me-2~♥



So this past saturday was the anime convention in Milwaukee!♥ Finally the moment I'd been waiting for!

This just so happened to also be my very first time attending a con, even though I'd been wanting to do so every since 2008 LOL. But alas, I finally did, and it was beyond awesome.  ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

It was also a Me2 for Dollface nago-sa, so I was excited about getting to meet with Ari and the others as well.

(Read more below)




I got up super early in the morning to prepare for the convention, even though I was dressed in my gyaru-kei instead of cosplaying. :p

^^My nailz...these are a new press-on kind by this brand called Im-press..endorsed by Nicole Shcherzinger!


This was my look for the day..I think I'm getting so good at the bottom lash thing! :D
Top Lash: Dolly Wink #1 2 pair
Bottom Lash: Sassi
Eye liner:  Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting drama Gel eyeliner in "Blackest Black"
Foundation:
Fashion Fair Foundation + Concealer stick in "Pure Brown"
Blush: 
 Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in "Hot Tamale" 
Lip color:
Revlon Lip Gloss in "Pearl Plum"


So after getting my outfit and make-up together, Panda and I were off to the con.

(^^playing around with picnik again...lmao)

When we arrived there, people were EVERYwhere. I saw so many different Miku cosplay it was incredible!
We headed towards registration, and as soon as we got there I realized my big mistake.
Note to self: Next time, PLEASE pre-register!!!

Panda and I were taken aback by how long the line was...I guess with Milwaukee being kinda small and with this being my first time attending one, I had no idea so many people would show up. =/
Needless to say, my face looked like this:




The wait for getting a badge was estimated to be about two to four hours...
щ(゜ロ゜щ)
I really wasn't looking forward to that at all, but I had already waited so long for this day to come that I couldn't bare turning back...so I didn't! 
 
My panda ended up not feeling too well, so he left early and I continued waiting...and after at least 2 and a half hours in line I finally got my badge!

Shortly after that I met up with Brittany and Ari-chan.
I was soooo jealous of Brittany because she was super duper tiny and little! 
 
And Ari-chan had the cutest pink nails that I meant to get a picture of but didn't. >.<
We all cam-whored a bit in the bathroom as we touched up our hair and make-up(☆^ー^☆):

Beret: H&M
Cardigan: H&M
Brown undershirt: Kohls'
Skirt: D.E.B
Boots: Yumetenbo/DreamV
Stockings: Target

Me and ari :D

Brittany peaking out from the left side :3


After that we went to go check out some of the vendors and do some shopping!!
Ari got some delicious strawberry mochi of which I regret not buying as well....ugh!! haha
ヽ(*´Д`*)ノ  She also bought me the yummiest strawberry ramune soda, which I loved. 
Brittany got the cutest two plushies..one black and pink Gloomy Bear and a bright pink Hello Kitty one!
And I bought 2 different types of pocky (almond crush and milk flavor) and some mango hi-chew for my panda. ♥
Also got a cute pink bunny cell charm:

And I found the cutest pink cinnamoroll and bought her too...she even had a big pink BOW!:
I decided to name her "Mimi"...and instead of being cinnamoroll, she's "Gyarumoroll". ^_~
(These of course were taken way after the con when I got home, haha :p)


After all our shopping we went to find a spot to chill and do para para  :
Random me! :D

Enjoying that strawberry mochi!! 


Ari-chan peace out ^_~

Brittany and the plushies~~ :3

They were both able to teach me some routines that I didn't know, thankfully!
Brittany showed me a little bit of "Monkey Dance" while Ari taught me some of "Shibuya Nation" which I've been practicing a lot lately!
And in return I taught them some of "King Kong" and "Nya! Soran".
Hopefully I'll improve in time for our next meet, though. =S

After that we wondered about some more until we decided to head to the Maid Cafe for a while:

(Bwaahaha my reflection in the mirror :p)

The maid cafe was located in the Hyatt hotel, all the way at the top inside of a restaurant called "Polaris" that revolves around! The view was pretty epic...I could see almost the entire city!
One of the maids had on the cutest maid outfit so I had to snap a photo of her:
So freakin cute!♥
I've already decided that I shall apply to be a maid there for the next con. ^_~
I got to enjoy a yummy ichigo cake:
It was so good but so tiny!! I could've eaten like 3 or 4 lol o(≧∇≦o)


We met up with some other friends we'd made while there, and ended up performing karaoke and rock band with them...at one point there was almost 8 of else traveling around at once! Though we'd just met them that day it was like we were all old friends just being wild and having fun together. 

I'd say the most amazing part of the entire night was when we sang karaoke and when we went to the rave!
That was my first time at any rave in general, and it was awesome! Flashing lights, glow bands, great music and DJ's....I was dancing until I got super sweaty! I felt totally uninhibited which rarely seems to happen. ^_^




All and all, for this to be my first time at a con it was pretty memorable and fun. I got to meet so many interesting new people and I saw a ton of amazing cosplay. The only things I regret is not taken a lot of pictures of the cosplayers and that my panda wasn't there to share the experience with me too. I will definately make up for that at Acen!
In total I stayed for 13 hours straight! My feet were red and swollen by the time I got home. I'd say I got the most out of my long wait in line! 

Oh, and also Seneca was able to make it up here as well! She came on sunday and stayed for a while, but 
unfortunately I wasn't able to meet her.  I had no transportation and on top of that, a crippling migraine. >_<
She and the rest of the crew met up at a Japanese restaurant on the east side:
Ari-chan and seneca, so fierce!

Loving that amazing hair!

Seneca is such a huge inspo!!! I'm hoping I can meet her at the next meet cuz I think I can learn a lot from her. ^_~
So that's pretty much it! I had a truly amazing time, so thankful that everyone was able to show up as well. Next time I will for sure:
a. - Take more pictures of cosplayers
b. - Pre-register
c. - Work in the maid cafe`!

...and for sure do a lot of other stuff too. Maybe I should start preparing a list. :p
Can't wait for Acen!! ^_~


3 comments:

  1. I found this post on a google search... I know it's old, but I wanted to thank you for coming up to the Hoshi no Yume Maid Cafe last year! We're so glad you had fun! Visit our website and e-mail us to find out how to apply to be a staff worker~~ Thank you, such a cute blog! I love your gyaru make-up!

    ReplyDelete

comments!