Saturday, December 17, 2011

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation REVIEW~~


So the other day I decided to try something different and buy some liquid foundation to try out on my beautiful face. 

I'd much preferred for Make-up Forever's liquid foundation to be the very first that I tried (Yes, this was my first time EVER using a liquid form of foundation!) but funds were pretty low, and that stuff ain't cheap! So I ended up going with a cheaper version, Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 'Cappuccino'. 


Usually I like Revlon's stuff so I was actually pretty eager to try this one!!

(click below :D)


I got this at a department store for like $6 and some change. The bottle isn't too big, and the liquid comes out in a dispenser type of thingie which is pretty neat. This kind is slightly more expensive than Revlon's basic foundation, I guess because it promises a flawless, picture quality look.

Le face after applying:

NO make-up in these pictures besides the foundation, no lashes and not even LENSES! щ(゜ロ゜щ) And as you can see, I look like a 13 year old girl with very large eyes. *smh*


Ohh yeah, Panda and I went to Bar Louie that same day:



My look:
Jacket: Rainbow
Sweater: Target
Belt: Rainbow
Jeans: Almost Famous







I added some stuffs along with the foundation for my make!:
Eyes: Maybelline New York Line Express eyeliner in 'Ebony Black'  along with Rimmel London Spark It Up! Gleaming eye darkening liner in 'UltraViolet'
Lashes: Ardell
Lip color: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in "Berry Smoothie"
Foundation: Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 'Cappuccino'





I love Bar Louie! The food and the atmosphere is really awesome!

^^This was so funny to me, haha (⌒▽⌒)

Berry Mojito...one of the best ones I've had. ^_~


Strawberry Margarita...panda let me try some and it was super yummy.

The appetizer..chicken quesidillas:

And the HEAPING burger we both had!:

Man. Talk about being bloated. That burger? Amazing. 
Being bloated? Sucks. 
Meat? Not entering my body for a long time until I fully recover.

ANNNNND NOOOOOOW.........my review of the foundation! ('happy face' = pros, 'sad face' = cons):




☆彡★彡HAPPY FACE☆彡★彡


  • SO breathable! - Ahhhh it was sooo light and airy!! It didn't even feel like anything was on my face at all! I could just be a noob, because I'm sure all liquid foundation must feel like this. But with my original FF foundation being a creamy stick I am really used to it feeling a lot more heavy and thick on my skin, almost like a really thin masque. ^_^ While my other foundation would rub off on nearly everything even if I apply just a little, this one stayed put. Me likey.
  • Easy to apply - It comes in a little dispenser bottle which makes it so much easier to control just how much you want to use without having to waste any, as well as eliminating bacteria too. I apply my foundation with disposable sponges, so I just place it under the dispenser and VOILA! Ready to apply! (^_−)☆
  • Blends well - The shade I got blended perfectly with my skin tone and I love not having to use a crapload of it just to get a nice, polished look. And after it's all blended, it looks so smooth and perfect. It gave me just the right amount of make-up where my skin looked naturally even and clear without it looking obvious that I was wearing make-up.

☆彡★彡SAD FACE☆彡★彡

  • Matching up color to my complexion - Initially this was an issue. The foundation that I usually use is by Fashion Fair, which makes make-up specifically for black women or women with darker skin tones. There are lots of options and you're sure to find one that matches. But with Revlon there were only like 3 darker foundations and only 2 that I thought would match me! The first time I bought it I got it in some color that was like 'coco' or 'Mocha' or something like that. It was the darkest of all the shades. Now in some of my photos I don't look like I am dark skinned at all, but I am truly a 'Choco doll'! Even still the darkest shade looked HORRIBLE on me. Ugh it was le terrible!! It looked like I'd dipped my face in a bunch of ashy, muddy dark chocolate and then let it dry. I returned it so fast it made the retailer's head spin. I would say that women who are somewhere in between those 3 choices might have some trouble.
  • Dryness/ Pale looking - My usual foundation adds an extra glow to my face and makes me look awake and lively. With this foundation it seemed to look the same seconds after I applied it, but as the minutes passed it almost seemed like it kinda dried up on my face and the pigmentation was kinda lacking....like my face absorbed it or something. Idk. Nothing a little bronzer won't fix I suppose.  
  • No concealer! - Oh I hate to keep comparing this to my usual foundation but I friggin LURVE that shizz because not only is it foundation, but it's foundation AND concealer COMBINED!! Booyaw!! The thing about this one though is that it's just foundation itself, so it doesn't do as good of a job of concealing blemishes and imperfections....which I'd totally forgotten about until after I put the foundation on for the first time. I guess this isn't really a con...just personally I love when foundation covers ev.ry.thing!
  • A tad bit runny - Self explanatory. After hours of wear, it gets the whole runny, shinny thing going on which I absolutely hate about foundation.  This brand seemed to get this way quicker than I thought it would since I wasn't doing any really active things. I had to constantly keep 'powdering my nose' so to speak. Me no likey!!!!


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆



MY RATING (OUT OF 5 HEARTS):

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
4 1/2 hearts

Yeah, I give it 4 1/2 since most of the cons can be fixed and I did end up finding a shade that actually matched me.It's a nice, simple and light choice if you're going for a more natural every day look without the appearance of having 'caked-on' make-up...and it really isn't too bad for only 6 bucks.

That's it for now...more updates coming throughout the week so please, do check back! じゃーね!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments!