Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentine's Day Treats! *(*´∀`*)☆


Hello everyone! How are you all doing? 

Well today there was yet ANOTHER snow storm here in Milwaukee.  -__- This time there seemed to be more snow than the last storm, because when I went outside it went up to my ankles.


So pretty, but so cold! 

I like the snow, but once again I chose a day like this to update my blog and tell you about all the yummy things I've eaten lately!


As you all know, Valentine's Day day arrived! ღ*~ This holiday makes me think of sweets, pink, hearts and love...four things that I love so much! 

Although me and Panda had to work on Valentine's Day   we enjoyed it by celebrating it the night before at home!  We enjoyed it by having a beautiful romantic dinner made by yours truly.



For my #2 dish of yumminess for the month of February, I made heart-shaped chicken pot pie with rice pilaf and served it with pink moscato.



I was so happy the heart shape turned out nice! (Besides the bottom lol)


Later we added heart-shaped ice cubes to the moscato.


I used my older sister's recipe for the pot-pie, and Panda loved it! I'm planning on making it again soon...it's just that good.

Now onto gifts!


Panda got me a giant teddy bear and a chocolate box!
He brought the humongous bear up to my job and gave it to me in front of everyone. That made my heart really melt. Panda and I don't really get to spend much time together because of our jobs, but when we do we always make it count.


For week #3 of my February baking I was supposed to make an all natural strawberry milkshake and a pink lady cake, but unfortunately I got the flu! Every since then I've been super busy, so I am going to try and make the cake this weekend.

Thankfully I did end up making the strawberry shake for Panda and I!

I borrowed this recipe since it used real strawberries and not strawberry flavor.



They were really really good! 


In the next coming weeks I will finish up my Valentine's day treats which include Pink Lady Cake, Heart Shaped Whoopie Pies and Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Yum! 



Besides all of the Love-themed cooking I've been doing, I've also sampled other love themed treats as well all throughout the month of February!

I kind of went crazy and tried almost everything I saw, lol 




A delicious box of chocolate that I treated myself to from my job.
Oh was it yummy! And the packaging was gorgeous:








Bought heart-shaped rice crispies:


Heart marshmallows and Pink/Red candy and candy dishes:

(not sure why it's upside down lol)

Heart shaped doughnut:
Yeah...I was disappointed when I found out it wasn't filled! 
But I should stop eating these things anyway, lol.


Last but not least I want to show you some of my buys from the last couple of weeks!

Got the cutest love shojo keychain from Starlight Deco Dream!: 


Rilakkuma pill cases:


Cute shoes (kinda Hime style):



Spilled coffee on my stockings :'(

My Melody wastebasket:



My Melody calendar:

And I also have new hair!

I adore the gradient colors!


Well my dears that's about it for this post. See you all soon and thanks for reading!! 



4 comments:

  1. this post was just too cute!

    I love the heart shaped goodies!!

    I just chilled mostly on Vday lol. nothing too special. Maybe next year, it will be a bit more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw sorry for the late reply lisha! But thank you for your comment! I really worked hard on the pot pie lol <3 I usually would use it as a day to relax too but everyone once in a while I wanna go all out :p

      Delete
  2. OMG you're like one of my new favorite bloggers lol We're both from Milwauke and we're both 22! And I looooooooove your style, so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats great! And I'm so happy to hear youre from milwaukee, we need more milwaukee gals desperately! Thank you so much for your compliment and hopefully we can get to know each other! ^_^

      Delete

comments!