Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dolly Wink lash review~♥



Ugh this blog is so belated. (´Д` ) I hate being busy!!!! lol anyhoo..it took me forevvvvvers but I finally went ahead and bought Tsubasa’s Dolly Wink eyelashes. With her being one of my favorite models I’m like a weird fangirl since I am attempting to try out nearly everything she makes. I’d been holding back on the lashes because of the price, but I found them on Sasa for only $14 and some change, including shipping!




They came in the mail on the same day that panda and I were going to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie (which was sooo good, by the way..even better than the first one!), so I decided to wear them with my look!♥

Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Wet Seal
Purse: My Flat in London



Also was inspired to do a beehive look for my hair..saw it in Ageha so I wanted to try it out too!:




^^Of course it ended up getting flat by the end of the night since I rested my head up against panda during the movie..haha :p


lol I love how happy panda looks in this picture :D


Now about the lashes!
I ended up getting No. 1: Dolly Sweet style, which is the cutest option in my humble opinion. Of course it comes with two pairs, a tube of glue and even instructions as to how to put them on.
These lashes are very light-weight and dolly-ish, hence the name. The hair also feels quite natural as well which is another plus! One thing about them though is that the lash band is super duper long…one of the reasons why I wanted to try them as well. Obviously my eyes are very large and whenever I wear falsies I can never find any that stretch across my entire lash line, which can be frustrating. Others may want to trim these down a bit, but I personally found them just right!

The lash band is also clear, which is also something I love. A clear lash band makes it easier to blend into make-up and the ‘fake-ness’ is not as apparent. Also it seems as if they stay on your eyes for a much longer period of time.

Eyes: Almay intense i-color smokey eye shadow in "Trio for hazels 023"

Face: Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 'Cappuccino'

Lips: Iman Luxury Lip Shimmer in "Decadent" layered over Covergirl Queen Collection lipstick in "Burgendelicious"




☆彡★彡HAPPY FACE☆彡★彡 

  • Light-weight and flexible - Whenever I wear a pair of falsies and I can't feel them on my eyelids at all, I am pretty much immediately in love. That's exactly how these were, they were as light as a feather! They didn't make my lids feel heavy or create that weird "visor shade" type thing that certain types of lashes tend to do. It was easy for me to forget that I had them on at times! They were also very flexible, probably because the lash band itself is quite thin. The great flexibility made it so easy to apply to my eyes!  ヾ(*⌒ヮ⌒*)ゞ
  • Long lash band - As many of you can already tell by now, I have some pretty large eyes lol.  Because of this often times I run into the issue of falsies having a lash band that is too short to stretch across my lash line, which is really annoying. >-< One of the reasons I wanted to try Dolly Wink is because the lashes are much longer than usual ones, and even though it still didn't cover my lash line completely, these are the only lashes I've tried that extend as far as they do! The longer band makes my lashes look as if they are applied much better, imo. As I stated before, people who have smaller eyes may want to trim them a bit, but they were fine the way they were for me. 
  • Dainty and girlish style - Wearing these seemed to give my eyes a much more innocent and dainty girly look, which I liked a lot actually!♥ The lashes are thicker towards the outer corners of them, which creates a cute little curly flair thingamabob that I simply adore, and that went really well with my eye shape. Tsubasa's make in general is usually very light and dainty, so these are perfect if you are going for a sweet angelic look.


☆彡★彡SAD FACE☆彡★彡

  • Not very bold; Doesn’t “pop” - Oh, how this was to my disappointment. =/ I think that, depending on your eye shape, these can be some very bold and dramatic lashes. But for my eyes, besides creating a little curl and flare at the end, they were honestly pretty light and not noticeable in appearance. I wasn't expecting to look exactly like Tsubasa of course, but I was expecting a little bit more of an "oomph".
  • Ugh, the glue!! - Ohhhh my gooooodnesss I hated the glue. In my personal opinion, it was horrible! The texture was like a gross cottage cheese type of thing going on, and once it "dried" (which it seemed to be dry once I squeezed it out) it wasn't very sticky at all. I placed the lash on my eye and it fell right back off after I blinked. Dislike!! I tend to wear my lashes for long hours and often with my lenses. When I wear my lenses I also use eye drops, so I need a strong glue that will be able to hold up against moisture. Maybe I just got a bad batch of it, but I certainly won't be using it again..I'll stick to my usual ardell lash grip.


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆



MY RATING (OUT OF 5 HEARTS):
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2
4 ½ hearts

I actually kinda liked my ebay ones a little bit better than these when it comes to appearance because they are much more bold, which is something I want in order to create the look I’m going for. Regardless though I think I would probably buy these again..they’re definitely quality lashes and I prefer more of those than the cheapie ones.

My most favorite thing about these though would of course be the clear and long lash band! It is total and complete love! There are two pairs and I’ve seen so many tutourials about how to layer lashes, so…maybe I will put them to use now in an effort to make these appear much more bold.  



Have you tried any of the Dolly Wink lashes or products? How do you feel about them? 。◕‿◕。


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I've had that skirt for so long..hehe ^_^

      Delete
  2. I really like the lashes on you, and that outfit? So cute! I'm jealous xD I'm gonna order the same ones, but I'll use a different glue. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for the compliment!! :D I really hope the lashes look stunning on you! ^__^

      Delete

comments!