Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tea party planning + mini snack haul!~~


 

 

Hey guys, just thought I'd tell you all about the tea party I'm planning to host my first tea party pretty soon!
I've always thought of tea parties as something girly and sociable, and good for even adults to enjoy as well...and with my love for tea, sweets and all things feminine it seemed like the perfect idea!

  

Since it'll be my first time baking a cake by scratch, I'm going to present it to my little nieces first to see how it turns out. I've already bought decorations, cooking materials and invitations for it as well:
 
 
My mom bought me this awesome book with great tips on hosting one and what type of things to serve, which was extremely helpful!
 

I've also got the entire menu planned out. As for the type of tea I will serve:
Earl Grey Tea
Lipton Tea (for those who like something more traditional 


And for the food menu:
Japanese style spongecake with strawberries, whipped cream and vanilla custard
Honey cupcakes
Cookies
Small bite size sandwiches

The party will be held in the beginning of July, and if this one goes well maybe I'll host another one for older girls as well!

I am extremely excited about this, I can barely hold it in! I just hope that the spongecake turns out perfectly, and not too heavy or dry.

When I went to the mall in my town I also visited a cupcake place that inspired me even more to make this a pretty and pink tea party.
 
The place is called Sweets By Bernadette, and it's owned by an older black woman. I mention this because it's so rare to find good black owned businesses in my town, and I was so happy when I found out!:
 

The decor inside of the shop was so pretty!! I nearly died from the overdose of cuteness.
 

 
 



I couldn't resist so I got a small cupcake parfait...buttery yellow cake with caramel drizzle and whipped cream. 
 
Ugghh such horribly dry skin! >__<
It was pretty delectable.
 

I also wanted to tell you all about my mini snack haul that I did a few weeks ago!

Now as you all know, Japanese snacks and candy is like....methamphetamine to me. o.O
So with the combination of Ebay, World Market and the Anime store in my city, I ended up acquiring these goodies:
 
Gotta have my Sailor Moon and Yotsuba&! 
 
 
Hello Kitty marshmallows filled with strawberry jelly from World Market! Who could even think to resist?

Panda bear also did a little haul himself as well. He bought a huge bag of chewy grape candy that he let me taste:
 

I found it so cute that it was shaped like a heart!
 
 
And did I mention it was also filled with an incredible amount of juicy wonderful-ness? 
 

The Kabaya Pudding chocolates were perfection as well:


 

The package said that they taste the best when chilled, and they were so right! 


 


But I think my most favorite were probably my Rilakkuma Hot Cake flavored Kit Kats that I got from ebay. For those who don't know, pancakes are often referred to as Hot cakes as well. 
 (´ω`★)

These are pancake flavored since pancakes are Rilakkuma's favorite thing to eat. 
 
 

These were so pricey, but my panda bear went half on them with me because he's a sweetheart. Even still, they were super delicious and extremely worth every cent! Even the packaging was cute and adorable:
 
 
 
I kinda didn't want to tthrow it away. *o*

The seller on ebay even sent a nice hand written letter along with the box as well! It was such a kind touch, and this happens often with various sellers on ebay which I love so much.
 
 

The box came with 12 kitkats all together, so me and panda divided them in half.
The wrapper was just...asjmdnflfk!!!
 
 

Japanese kitkats are interesting, because they come in a ton of different flavors which is what draws me to them (unlike america which only has chocolate and white chocolate...BORING!)

The flavors are pretty much always accurate, and these tasted EXACTLY like pancakes!
 

I must admit, I was soooo tempted to buy another box but I had to use self control since they were ridiculously priced. All in all, I'm happy I bought them and happy they tasted so good. 
 

Do any of you all have any favorite Japanese snacks/treats?   (◕‿◕✿)

6 comments:

  1. omg there is so much cuteness in this post > - <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I can't live without anything cute<3

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I'm giving you a Liebster award! http://gyarurin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/liebster-award-d.html

    Good luck with the tea party! I love baking (and had birthday picnics for two years in a row)! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for the award!!! :DDD I'm really excited about the party..I cooked a test version already and it tasted perfect!

      Delete
  3. Heyy i've tagged you in my latest post to give you a Liebster Award :3

    http://yaayitszrhea.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/yaay-liebster-award-d.html

    gahhh your page is soo cuteee! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!!!<3 This award looks so fun lol ^_^ I will reply to yours and Rinnie's as soon as I am back from vacation! :D

      Delete

comments!