Friday, October 18, 2013

Brithday outing, recent gets and BIG NEWS! *(*´∀`*)☆







 Samui; Cold! photo tumblr_lx8acfo4ss1qabgd8.gif

Hey everyone! How’s everyone enjoying this changing fall season?
I for one am a little excited about fall…I love wearing big sweaters and scarves, yummy pumpkin lattes, fall colors, hot tea and cider…it’s slowly becoming one of my favorite seasons.

And the best part is that I’ll finally get to start looking for cute fall and winter clothes! (●´∀`●)



I wanted to blog about an outing I had a few Saturdays ago for my friend Brittany’s birthday.
This is a very late entry, but better late than never right? :D



I went for a glamorous hime look.












Head piece: Handmade by Rose Chan

Earrings: Curvys

Dress: D.E.B

Leggings: Target

Boots: Yumetenbo
Purse: Coquettish Tiara




I love how the bow complimented the outfit!



I got Brittany a cute pair of earrings from curvy’s as a gift:


The top pair is hers and the bottom is mine.
I was so happy she liked them!



We headed out to her favorite restaurant, Mongolian grill.



This was my first time going there, and I really liked how the restaurant was set up. It was all you can eat and there were sooo many great options to choose from! You just put your favorite stir fry mixture in a bowl and they grill it right in front of you.



I got beef noodles with cilantro, bean sprouts, onions, Mongolian bbq sauce, cabbage and a bunch of other things I can’t even remember! (I kind of went crazy lol):





It was really good and I was super impressed!
Later we headed out to the mall to do a little shopping and browsing around.


I love all the cross print that’s been out lately!


We went to forever21 and I found the cutest floral hime-ish brush set for only $4!



I was shocked that Brittany hadn’t been to the bubble tea place there so I quickly introduced her:


She got the really huge coffee one and I got banana flavor! Soo good~


I had a great time celebrating my bestie’s birthday.  I REALLY wanna slap myself for not getting a picture because she looked amazing
(ノД`)・゜・。  but there will be other times! Only one more year til we get drunk! Lmao
 (*`▽´)_旦~~

 photo cakestrawberries.gif




I also was able to splurge a little on a few things after reeeaaally long dry spell of my money simply going to bills only, which felt really good!

I got a la pafait bolero from the gyaru sales group on facebook for only $20!:




It’s actually quite warm!  I absolutely love it and I’ve already got BIG plans for it!  ♡

Cute bear chain for my phone:


Some etude house cosmetic items (won them for only $3 even on ebay free shipping!):

 

Cute bow sweater from dreamv:


cute bow on the back too^^



Leg warmers and shoes from Dreamv:

 Back:




These items were quite warm as well! Began sweating just after trying them on lol


Cute bunny tights:


 They have a cute little bunny tail on the back! Σ(・ω・`|||)

I was also able to pick up a couple of my favorite strawberry flavored snacks as well as a copy of November’s Koakuma Ageha!:




This issue comes with a free Liz Lisa make-up/pencil case. 

The make up in this issue is amazing, so much inspo that I’ll be using for the upcoming months
*(*´∀`*)☆
It felt good to do a little bit of shopping ^_^

 photo tumblr_lok4jiwn6f1qhh19q.gif

And lastly everyone…I have REEEEALLLY BIG NEWS!

So first off….I have some really good news and I also have some kinda bad news as well.
BUT I try to stay optimistic lol…so I’ll begin with the good news first, which is…….


I’ll be starting school this upcoming January!!

\(^▽^@)ノ
I’m SO excited to finally be starting this next chapter of my life! For those who know me, you know I’ve gone back and forth for years trying to figure out what I wanted to do for a career ( going from being a cosmetologist to a flight attendant, from psychology to nail design and even a paralegal 0.o) and I’ve finally found out what it is, which is baking and cooking. :D


I’ll be attending Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) in January 2014 studying to get an associates degree in baking and pastry arts. When I graduate, I will be certified as a pastry chef! :D

I look forward to getting back into the college lifestyle. Of course there are some things I’m not looking forward to (like math, exams, essays, presentations, annoying people and group work T__T) but I’m really hopeful about this experience as a whole. I ask that you all please wish me the very best of luck….I wont give up and I’ll definitely do my best! ♡


And now for the kinda sorta bad news. 
(click to read more below)









So most of you know that I work at a retail store of who’s name will be withheld, but on Tuesday October 15 after over 4 years I was involuntarily terminated.
Now it’s really not something that I’m sad or even ashamed of, because for everyone who knows the situation they know that although I was responsible for it there still were other options.



But I digress. I can’t really go into detail about it right now, but I will say that it wasn’t due to an illegal act or to unrighteous behavior. But one thing I will admit is that it’s a bittersweet ending.



I started working there at age 19 and it was my first job, so the sweet part about it is that I really met some amazing, absolutely unforgettable people there (including my fiancé) and the job really helped me to grow as a person. It was able to help to  find and define myself, my values, what I lived for and what I stood for. It helped me change my perspective on a lot of things, some for the good and some for the bad. It helped me and my family go on trips sometimes, helped me learn to manage money as well as get my first laptop and apartment with my fiancé. Most of all working there made me a strong, resilient and determined individual…all things that I would have never been able to do had I not been put in the situation to work there. And for that, I’m very very thankful.



But the bitter part about it is that within those 4 years I was only making just a dollar above minimum wage. When I started in 2009 minimum wage was $6.75 an hour. Within two years it went up to $7.25, and by the time I got let go I was only making $8.25. I hadn’t ever been offered a decent raise or department promotion the entire time I’d been there regardless of the almost inhumane amount of work I did, yet those who weren’t even a year in were getting dollar raises and basically pushed up the ladder. There were so many sacrifices that I endured that came with the demanding world of retail. I sacrificed my sleep and rest by coming in at the crack of dawn, working six days in a row at times, staying extra hours after my shift when people would call in and working so late into the early morning that I’d come home and fall asleep on the toilet. I pushed carts until my back and feet ached and my shoes were run into the ground. I hung up clothes and unpacked boxes until my hands were dry and bleeding. I ran all over the store finding items for customers until it felt like I’d run a relay race.


 I sacrificed my time with my family and friends, time that I could’ve spent with them during the holidays but instead I was breaking my neck over black Friday sales. I sacrificed my time working on myself and my own personal goals, pushing it all aside to make sure customers were calm about not receiving 50% off an item that was already on clearance. I sacrificed my sanity, turning a blind eye to all the countless unethical practices done by management including the termination of good employees simply because they “weren’t well liked”.  I sacrificed my health, coming to work and giving it my all even at the worst of my illness when my entire body felt like it could collapse at any minute. I even sacrificed my own dignity and self-worth, allowing management and customers to talk down to and be abusive to me, treat me inferior like a child and overall disrespectfully…..all while wearing a smile and saying “ Can I help you?”



After a while I just got upset and fed up, and realized that not only had I kind of wasted 4 precious years by staying there and not having much to show for it (I could’ve graduated in that timespan) but I also realized that I ‘d have to be a plain old idiot to continue to stay there knowing the situation would not get better. The amount of money I got paid simply wasn’t enough for all the mess I had to deal with, and meanwhile the bills were piling up and it seemed as if my checks were becoming smaller and smaller.



My first thought was to look for other jobs…but I eventually realized that in order to make the money I really want to make I would have to learn some sort of skill...which is when I decided that I’d work the job until January and then quit when it was time to start school. That was my original plan, but somehow I felt myself beginning to give up and become careless and eventually it led to this.


I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t a little nervous or even uncertain about what the future will bring. But one thing that is for certain: I have absolutely no regrets and I feel 100% confident that everything happens for a reason….and that this was meant to happen the way it did. It’s not the best news, but it’s not terrible either.♡



 photo 727111lvgr1065hn.gif
I really thank everyone for their support and encouragement which I’ve gotten a lot of since this happened….thank you all so much! Especially to my family and fiancé…thank you for being by my side and temporarily picking up the slack. I will definitely come out on top as I always have.  I'm not sure how much splurging I'll be able to do now that I'm unemployed lol, but I'll definitely find something to write about from time to time....so don't unsubscribe or anything crazy like that lmao. xD



 photo arigatou.gif


Anyway that's all I have for now! I will keep you readers posted.


Don't let anything or anyone hold you back from following your dreams! ^_^

 photo BLOGSIGNATURE1.gif

2 comments:

  1. Awe that sucks about the job situation, but at least you will be starting school, ask your school about "work study" and apply for a job on campus, like at the bookstore etc. And congrats on finding what you want to do, career wise! Hopefully you'll share what you learn and make. Also, your glamorous hime look is really cute! Do you buy your clothes online? Because some of the brands I dont recognize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! You're so ugly. You look like like a choked-up bulged eye horse!

    ReplyDelete

comments!